From: Haas Wernfried <w.haas@×××××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New GLEP draft: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:16:21
1 On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 04:27:37PM -0400, Jonathan Smith wrote:
2 > Jan Kundrát wrote:
3 > > IMHO if you don't require moderators of Local Forums to accept and
4 > > follow same guidelines as the global moderators, you're actually against
5 > > the point of "Moderator as Gentoo authority".
6
7 The main problem with some of the local forums is that not everyone
8 there speaks English (well). That being a requirement would mean we'd
9 have to kick off people doing a good job just because they don't
10 fulfill a requirement for official Gentoo staff. That's why they were
11 excluded and becoming an official member is optional.
12
13 > > Same applies for current moderators. I think that it's not so hard to
14 > > complete the staff quiz, btw, and there shouldn't be a need for the
15 > > one-month-long probation for existing moderators.
16 > I agree that current moderatory should be greatly encouraged to take the
17 > quiz and become official.
18
19 I do so as well, but we cannot force it on them. If i have to choose
20 if someone who has done great work has to become offical and decides
21 to leave because of that or just stays non-offical, i'll choose the
22 second option.
23
24 In any case all members of the moderation staff, official or not, are
25 bound to our moderation guidelines anyway.
26
27 cheers,
28 Wernfried (amne)
31 Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
33 mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp/
34 http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/
35 --
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list