From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [news-item] Paludis 0.24
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 23:22:55
1 On Fri, 04 May 2007 17:38:43 -0500
2 Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o> wrote:
3 > Right.... which... seems to me something I would want to know
4 > *BEFORE* I upgraded...
5
6 No no, if you find out before you upgrade you preemptively change your
7 config files and the old version breaks. If you find out after you
8 upgrade you know why you're getting a load of warnings about '*' being
9 deprecated.
10
11 > otherwise, yeah, elog does the same thing already...
12
13 Experience has shown that news items work in delivering this kind of
14 information to users whereas elog doesn't. elog is a one-shot thing
15 that may or may not (usually the latter) actually get seen, whereas a
16 news item stays around until the user reads it.
19 Ciaran McCreesh