From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to publish an overlay
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:25:29
1 On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > How people serve binaries (tar.gz source files) to complement the
3 > repository?
4 > Github doesn't seem to have a way to have a binary repository and serve
5 > single files.
6 > Heroku maybe?
7
8 Single files - not sure (maybe a raw URL?).
9
10 However, any tag in Github can be downloaded as a tarball with a
11 constant md5. I often use this feature when I have to have a SRC_URI
12 for an upstream that doesn't provide tarballs. I just mirror them in
13 Github and point to the mirror (the alternative is a masked scm
14 ebuild, or a lot of manual tarball manipulation and hosting on
15 dev.g.o).
16
17 Rich