From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to publish an overlay
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:11:00
1 On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 09:03 +0200, Kfir Lavi wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > > I'm the author of bashlibs - general library framework and libraries
6 > > for bash programing.
7 > > I have created new overlay for bash libraries.
8 > > https://github.com/kfirlavi/bashlibs/tree/master/gentoo/portage
9 > >
10 > > How do I publish it via layman or eix-remote?
11 > >
12 > > Regards,
13 > > Kfir
16 > Generally file a bug in bugzilla asking the overlay team to add it.
17 >
18 > Please supply all the info needed for creating the xml to add. You
19 > could also pre-fill out the xml definition and attach it. Don't forget
20 > to include all urls available, github can do git and http protocols.
21 >
22 > How people serve binaries (tar.gz source files) to complement the
23 repository?
24 Github doesn't seem to have a way to have a binary repository and serve
25 single files.
26 Heroku maybe?
27
28 Thanks,
29 Kfir
32 > See the layman's man page for instructions on creating an xml defintion.
33 >
34 > http://layman.sourceforge.net/#_overlay_list_format