From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Binary packages and i18n
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 07:02:43
1 On Saturday 18 May 2002 16:44, Meir Kriheli wrote:
2 > I need to enable the users to download the pre-built pacakges. If I emerge
3 > rsync will those packages be downloaded, or should I write special script
4 > for that ?
5
6 Well no the package has to be in that dir already (IIRC I'm not a gentoo dev).
7 So you'd have to patch portage to download a binary package if --usepkg is
8 used and there is no binary pkg in that dir already.
9
10 > I'd be glad to do that. What's the status on portage 2 arrival ?
11
12 Uh dunno, I'm no gentoo dev sorry :)
15 Alex
18 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
19 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
20 Benjamin Franklin