From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: news item: changes to stages (make.conf and make.profile)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:37:53
1 On 07/24/12 14:52, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
2 >
3 > This is a big enough change that it will throw users who do not know,
4 > and my first impression of /etc/make.conf et all missing on a new stage
5 > is "file a bug report for a broken stage and assign it to those morons
6 > in releng". (please note the comic exaggeration and not a disrespect).
7
8 And mine would be to assume that we stopped shipping make.conf, and just
9 fill in the missing details in /etc/make.conf before building the system.
10
11 Everything would look like it's working, but portage isn't using the
12 make.conf that I think it is.