From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fraunhofer FDK license
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:11:15
1 >>>>> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012, Luca Barbato wrote:
2
3 > On 07/26/2012 12:45 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
4 >> Indeed, and this opens another can of worms since (as far as I can see) there
5 >> are no specific license clauses in the AAC patent license for applications
6 >> that may be distributed without cost. I.e., licensing fees still apply as "per
7 >> unit fee".
8
9 > Tell me where I should categorize it =)
10
11 I believe that I can go to BINARY-REDISTRIBUTABLE. But please check if
12 the following rules apply here:
13
14 # - MAY require explicit inclusion of the license with
15 # the distribution [1]
16 # - IFF there is an explicit inclusion requirement, USE=bindist
17 # MUST cause a copy of the license to be installed in a file
18 # location compliant with the license,
19
20 Ulrich
21
22 [1] <http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_6c950b46c50fe72ebc5e650bbf70f77c.xml>