From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA Roles v2
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:26:29
1 On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:10:02 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I'm also convinced that deliberate circumvention is easy to detect.
4
5 In that case, please provide a list of cases where !arch? flags are
6 being used to circumvent repoman warnings, where the correct solution
7 would be to use use.mask. My reasonably educated guess is that this is
8 the most common kind of deliberate circumvention to avoid a repoman
9 error.
10
11 Unfortunately, detecting "foo? ( !arch? ( somepackage ) )" gets a whole
12 load of false positives. I already tried that one without success...
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm