From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA Roles v2
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:41:32
1 On Thursday 02 March 2006 21:19, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:10:02 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | I'm also convinced that deliberate circumvention is easy to detect.
6 >
7 > In that case, please provide a list of cases where !arch? flags are
8 > being used to circumvent repoman warnings, where the correct solution
9 > would be to use use.mask. My reasonably educated guess is that this is
10 > the most common kind of deliberate circumvention to avoid a repoman
11 > error.
12
13 Then explain people that doing this is not the way. I would suspect that
14 people think that this is the actual solution. It's also not really like
15 people would do this to hide the fact that they have hidden a global rm -rf
16 somewhere around.And is it really a quality issue? In all cases? There must
17 be cases where the problem is package + arch + useflag specific, and this
18 solution "solves" it.
19
20 What I mean with deliberate, is circumventing when knowing it is wrong. If
21 people know it's wrong, and still do it, they are clearly malvolent.
22
23 Paul
26 Paul de Vrieze
27 Gentoo Developer