From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] server related wishlist
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:32:33
1 On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 10:55:22PM -0500, Kendall Clark wrote:
2 >On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 10:47:27PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
3 >
4 >What would do it for me is to see Gentoo incorporate a server
5 >build that looked more like Trustix(.org) -- which is the
6 >most OpenBSDesque of the Linux distribs -- plus integrated
7 >the hardened tool chain of Immunix(.org).
8 >
9 >Some combination, for Linux servers, of Gentoo's already pretty
10 >aggressive nexgen approach (supervise/monit, ng syslog, etc) plus
11 >some of Trustix's security audit approach, plus Immunix's hardened
12 >tool chain would make, in my view, Gentoo *the leading Linux
13 >server distribution*, and I'd adopt it as my default server
14 >install.
15
16 I'll look into that. I would also like to add in the grsecurity patch to
17 the kernel but I know most sysadmins would want to customize it
18 themselves.
21 >Just my two cents. :>
22 >
23 >Kendall Clark