From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Assigning keyword/stable bugs to arch teams (WAS: [gentoo-dev] dropping redundant stable keywords)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 08:41:16
1 El dom, 16-02-2014 a las 00:37 +0100, Jeroen Roovers escribió:
2 [...]
3 > > If we want a separate assignee for old stabilizations, what about a
4 > > separate project that handles this, or maybe we could assign the bugs
5 > > to m-n or something until the arch teams catch up?
6 >
7 > Again, where is the man power for that? :-)
8 >
9 > It's the maintainers that this problem hurts most, so they could and
10 > should be fixing it themselves - after a few months of waiting,
11 > reminding arch teams and gritting your teeth over it, just remove the
12 > old stable ebuilds[1].
15 > jer
18 > [1] Where possible. If this happens with non-dev, non-experimental
19 > architectures and keeping the old ebuilds is a real problem, the
20 > architecture's status should be reconsidered. As has been done on
21 > this mailing list time and again. If an arch team cannot even be
22 > bothered to keep @system up to date, then why bother pretending
23 > it's anywhere near "stable"?
26 I agree with Jeroen here. If the arch teams that are usually a bit
27 behind are not able to fix the bugs, I doubt we will gain anything
28 assigning bugs to them. Because of the way testing/stabilization bugs
29 work, arch teams should always check the bugs with them CCed and, then,
30 I don't think getting that bugs assigned to them would change much.
31
32 Also, keeping the bugs assigned to package maintainers will still allow
33 them to try to get that pending bugs fixed (or resolved in some way) as
34 they will take care more about that specific package status. If we get
35 that bugs assigned to arch teams, they will likely be ignored by both
36 parts, getting worse.