From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting Thursday October 13th
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:16:26
1 On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 17:54 +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > That gave me a good laugh. Oh well, anyway. What's "default"? As in
3 > "recommended by the documentation"? Or "installed as dependency of
4 > virtual/logger"?
5
6 The documentation recommends syslog-ng, as that was requested by Release
7 Engineering for 2005.0's release.
8
9 As for virtual/logger, it installs metalog.
10
11 I think the point is that they should match. It was also quite obvious
12 after the comments on the thread, that this is one of those things that
13 probably won't ever be solved by consensus. Is this not the exact thing
14 that the Council is there to do, to make decisions that we cannot agree
15 on ourselves?
16
17 Yes, it is a minor decision. No, it doesn't really matter much. The
18 main thrust of the whole thing is that they should be equal.
19
20 > If the former: hump the GDP.
21
22 I already did. You guys changed it to syslog-ng a while back.
23
24 > If the latter: hump the baselayout team.
25
26 What does baselayout have to do with this?
27
28 > If both, try humping one of them at a time. Doing both just makes funny
29 > pictures, but doesn't give much results.
32 Chris Gianelloni
33 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
34 x86 Architecture Team
35 Games - Developer