From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should ${T} be defined in pkg_prepare ?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 12:48:13
1 >>>>> On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Maciej Grela wrote:
2
3 > I've read the PMS and I haven't found information whether this variable
4 > is supposed to be set during pkg_prepare or not.
5
6 There is no such stage. You mean pkg_pretend, I suppose?
7
8 > Therefore I ask, what is the proper behaviour here ? Is there
9 > documentation on what special env variables are supposed to be
10 > defined in each stage ?
11
12 It's specified here:
13 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/4/pms.html#x1-11900012.1>
14
15 | Variable Legal in Consistent? Description
16 | ---------------------------------------------------------------------
17 | T All Partially⁴ The full path to a temporary
18 | directory for use by the ebuild.
19 |
20 | ⁴Consistent and preserved across a single connected sequence of
21 | install or uninstall phases, but not between install and uninstall.
22 | When reinstalling a package, this variable must have different
23 | values for the install and the replacement.
24
25 > Can this be considered as a bug in paludis ?
26
27 The spec seems to be clear that T is legal in all phases, including
28 pkg_pretend.
29
30 Ulrich