From: "Alin Năstac" <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] (open|strong)swan ipsec-config-path
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:23:57
1 Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > * Alin Năstac <mrness@g.o> [06/12/07 08:37 +0200]:
3 >
4 >> I think strongswan's ebuild should be simplified.
5 >> I will bump openswan to 2.4.7 in a couple of days. Please use it as
6 >> starting point for your bump.
9 > While we are at it: Should we keep installing the config
10 > into /etc/ipsec/ and create symlinks from /etc/ipsec.d ->
11 > /etc/ipsec/ipsec.d ? I think we are the only distro which
12 > installs the configs into /etc/ipsec, some others place
13 > ipsec.{conf,d,secrets} just into /etc
16 I find that useful. It is more easy to find ipsec related files this way.
17 Don't forget you can include other files into ipsec.conf. Custom updown
18 scripts can also be grouped this way.
19
20 If you feel we should drop /etc/ipsec directory, a poll on forums might
21 tell us what users want.