From: notopic.hppa@×××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux preinstalled
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:40:54
1 On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:33:57 +0200
2 Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I want to preinstall Gentoo Linux on some devices for customers. Do
7 > you have any tips for preinstallation, any scripts? What is the
8 > correct prcedure of doing so?
9 > Anyone knows of something like a "sysprep" script for linux that will
10 > ask the costumer for user and passwort setup when he first switches
11 > on the PC?
12
13 what kind of hardware and his goal ?
14 what kind of users ?
15 here are the most important questions. For me, it will be a must to create
16 a "stage4" (stage3+all apps need). Do a normal install with all the currents
17 apps used or will be used by the customer and tar.bz2 it ;)
20 > On the technical side what I am currently doing is taking a normal
21 > setup, cleaning up distfiles, /usr/src, /tmp, /home, creating a new
22 > usser without any files of my own ;)
23 > cleaning out all my passwords of /etc.
24 > partimageing the partition, and dd'ing grub and sfdisking the partition table.
25 > Then playing back the images on the HDs I want to put into the devices later.
26 >
27 > Regards,
28 > Stefan
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list