From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bugzilla etiquette suggestions
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:11:04
1 On 13-02-2006 18:49:18 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:39:06 +0100 Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | NOTABUG sounds good, but as Ciaran said, we need another replacement
5 > | for those bugs who really deserve it. If a user sticks
6 > | -fvisibility=hidden into his CFLAGS (instead of CXXFLAGS),
7 > | PLEASEGOAWAYKTHXBYE would be much more appropriate.
8 >
9 > They also deserve it if they stick it in their CXXFLAGS...
10
11 I don't agree on such solution, because getting rid of personal
12 frustrations of a developer should *not* be supported by Gentoo's
13 Bugzilla. These kind of emotions give a rather weak signal, and do not
14 really show any kind of profesionalism IMHO.
15
16 If these frustrations get so apparent that they require a solution flag
17 in Bugzilla for a developer, then it might be a better solution to just
18 leave the bugzilla work to someone else and try to work a bit more away
19 from the users for a while. It is a well known issue that people who
20 have to work with others get frustrated (e.g. call-center employees).
24 Fabian Groffen
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list