From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devleopment sources are no longer 'development' - example
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:39:29
1 On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 16:13, Greg KH wrote:
2 > But then what is preventing us from having both a 2.4 and 2.6 version of
3 > gentoo-sources? Is it the following statement in that same file:
4
5 Nothing... which was why we had the vote at the manager's meeting.
6 While I have planned out a fairly extensive timeline, if the kernel
7 developers decided they wished to merge the two, I would think that is
8 their prerogative.
9
10 Kernels are already SLOTted based on their version, so I don't think it
11 would cause a problem. All we would have to do is be sure to document
12 that if a user wants to stick with a 2.4 gentoo-sources, that they
13 should p.mask >=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.5*
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
18 Games - Developer
19 Gentoo Linux
20
21 Is your power animal a penguin?