From: "Alin Năstac" <mrness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: File collisions
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:37:56
1 Rob C wrote:
4 > On 19/04/07, *Christian Faulhammer* <opfer@g.o
5 > <mailto:opfer@g.o>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk
8 > <mailto:slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>>:
9 >
10 > > On the issue of QA, I think enabling FEATURES="collision-detect" by
11 > > default would do a lot more good at this stage than "test".
12 >
13 > Arch teams normally have collision-protect enabled when doing
14 > keywording/stabling....in my eyes this is sufficient.
15 >
16 > V-Li
19 > Its obviously not, Many users are reporting file-collisions on a
20 > weekly basis. So either this isn't sufficient or the arch teams are
21 > not acting as you describe.
22 >
23 The fact you can install a package using collision-detect is not a
24 guarantee that the package don't collide with some other package you
25 don't have installed on your test box (or with a package installed on
26 your box but not with the "right" USE flags).