From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Chris Gianelloni <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] ChangeLogs and rsync time
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:21:12
1 3.1.2006, 12:47:27, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4 > So you have now taken what was described as an automatic solution to
5 > reduce size into a manual process, reducing usability of the ChangeLog
6 > and increasing workload for every ebuild developer.
7
8 > I'm sorry, but I still think the idea of simply RSYNC_EXCLUDEing the
9 > ChangeLog by default would be a much better solution.
10
11 +1; I frequently find even pretty old changelog entries useful (even the
12 'stable on foo' ones are useful, if you need to find out who keyworded the
13 thing stable despite the fact that it's severely broken).
14
15 As for RSYNC_EXCLUDE by default, that's not something that should be
16 considered until GLEP 42 or an equivalent solution gets implemented.
20 Best regards,
21
22 Jakub Moc
23 mailto:jakub@g.o
24 GPG signature: http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
25 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
26
27 ... still no signature ;)