From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 19, reloaded (again)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:05:52
1 On Wednesday 11 August 2004 10:23 am, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Would it be too horrible to change to a 6-month release?  Then we could
3 > coincide the information between us both and not have 2 separate
4 > processes for doing essentially the same thing.
5
6 I agree with this and have suggested it in the past. I think six months
7 gives us enough time to package a release, and allows enough time for
8 significant changes to show up to make releases worthwhlie/newsworthy.
9
10 A few cows moo'd that they didn't want time-based releases, though. For
11 whatever reasons I can't fathom. It makes our release process more
12 predictable for everyone, including developers.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
16 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F