From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Winex-cvs being removed from portage?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:36:28
1 Good point. Could we know the reason it's being considered? If it's license
2 issues I can understand that - as long as it's not the Stallman "If it's not
3 totally free/open source - it's tainted and has no place in the world"
4 philosophy. If there are other reasons can we know them and maybe comment on
5 them, too?
6
7 I would like to point out that the argument - "use wine - it works" is not
8 valid. Wine does not handle DirectX anywhere near as well as Winex and for
9 many apps (not just games) that's an important consideration. Yes, we could
10 get it from Transgaming but then I have to install a non-ebuild app on my
11 system and I lose the advantages of portage.
14 Thanks.
15