From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:23:11
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >> My point is that that's a nasty QA bug that's relying upon input from
4 >> Stuart to be fixed. Whilst that one's still alive, I'm not going to go
5 >> around filing more similar "breaks non-interactively" bugs because the
6 >> discussion will just get repeated over and over.
7 >
8 > Huh? I just read through the bug, and it actually appears to be
9 > resolved pending Chris' testing w/ the needed USE flags added to the
10 > various profiles. I'll admit that the fix is inelegant, but I'm missing
11 > where it's waiting upon Stuart for additional info. Am I missing something?
12
13 Yes, you are missing that the bug really isn't fixed. There are still
14 USE combinations which would be otherwise perfectly valid, but which
15 cause php to fail to emerge, thus reaking non-interactivity and forcing
16 people to (ab)use /etc/portage/package.use to get things working properly.
17
18 -Steve
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list