From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: "Stephen P. Becker" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:22:55
1 27.2.2006, 22:18:05, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2
3 > Grant Goodyear wrote:
4 >> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 >>> My point is that that's a nasty QA bug that's relying upon input from
6 >>> Stuart to be fixed. Whilst that one's still alive, I'm not going to go
7 >>> around filing more similar "breaks non-interactively" bugs because the
8 >>> discussion will just get repeated over and over.
9 >>
10 >> Huh? I just read through the bug, and it actually appears to be
11 >> resolved pending Chris' testing w/ the needed USE flags added to the
12 >> various profiles. I'll admit that the fix is inelegant, but I'm missing
13 >> where it's waiting upon Stuart for additional info. Am I missing something?
14
15 > There are still USE combinations which would be otherwise perfectly valid,
16 > but which cause php to fail to emerge, thus reaking non-interactivity and
17 > forcing people to (ab)use /etc/portage/package.use to get things working
18 > properly.
19
20 Yeah, and there will be, since chosing between stuff like mysql or recode on
21 behalf of the user is plain stupid and produces unexpected outcome, since
22 portage can't handle build_with_use this way, since portage can't handle use
23 flags conflict at emerge --pretend/--ask time, and last but not least since
24 there's no such policy that would mandate such changes.
25
26 However, I'm still one ear wrt the original topic, which was "all the ways
27 in which webapp-config is broken".
31 Best regards,
32
33 Jakub Moc
34 mailto:jakub@g.o
35 GPG signature: http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
36 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
37
38 ... still no signature ;)