From: Torsten Veller <ml-en@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Open council spot
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:17:52
1 * Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o>:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Open council spot
4 > > -----------------
5 > >
6 > > leio is next on the list. He's willing to join the council. A few of us
7 > > already voted to confirm him on-list, and we're waiting on the others.
8 > >
9 > > Goal: Vote to confirm him, if necessary.
12 > There already were enough votes (4/6 I think) to confirm him.
13
14 GLEP 39 doesn't specify what happens when a member leaves. It does only
15 talk about slackers.
16
17 A former council decided to offer any open position to the next in line
18 and "if they accept and the current Council unanimously accepts the new
19 person, they get the position".
20 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20070208-summary.txt>
21
22 4/6 is not "unanimously".
23
24 But...
25
26 This all was before "_reopen_nominations" was introduced. With
27 "_reopen_nominations" I don't see why the council needs to vote at all.
30 There might be a problem if another member leaves as the next two are
31 ranked equally.
32
33 Thanks