From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA Roles v2
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:16:59
1 On Thursday 02 March 2006 21:51, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:38:33 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | Then explain people that doing this is not the way.
6 >
7 > Have done, repeatedly, as have many others.
8 >
9 > | And is it really a qualityissue? In all cases? There must be cases
10 > | where the problem is package + arch + useflag specific, and this
11 > | solution "solves" it.
12 >
13 > This is most definitely a quality issue in cases where it is misused.
14 > See my reply to Grobian for why it's a huge problem. And yes, there are
15 > legit cases of using !arch? inside DEPEND, which is what makes it even
16 > harder to detect deliberate repoman circumvention.
17
18 I've read your explanation in the other reply. I agree with you that it is
19 indeed an issue.
20
21 Paul
22