From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] !!!Really worried about ebuild updates!
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 01:34:37
1 On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 07:13, Todd Wright wrote:
2 > Ive sent in a couple of updated ebuilds. So far Ive been sending the
3 complete thing. If a patch is preferred I can switch to sending patches,
4 but as you said, its personal preference of the developer handling the
5 'bug'. Given that the bugs are assigned to different developers I have
6 no way of knowing if the developer who gets my bug prefers diffs or
7 complete new updated ebuild files.
8
9 I would think a developer finds the difference between the updated
10 ebuild and the current version almost immediately. That's what a patch
11 is.
12
13 True, though. Who knows what others do.
16 Matthew Kennedy
17 Gentoo Linux Developer