From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 17:52:17
1 On 07/21/2018 03:01 AM, Dennis Schridde wrote:
2 >
3 > What about adding a third operator, e.g. `^`, that resets a use flag to the
4 > unset state?
7 The behavior of USE (in profiles) is documented in the PMS, so I don't
8 think we can add a new operator so easily. But, this is what the PMS has
9 to say [0]...
10
11 Incremental variables must stack between parent and child profiles in
12 the following manner: Beginning with the highest parent profile,
13 tokenise the variable’s value based on whitespace and concatenate the
14 lists. Then, for any token T beginning with a hyphen, remove it and
15 any previous tokens whose value is equal to T with the hyphen removed,
16 or, if T is equal to -*, remove all previous values.
17
18 It looks to me like *within (sub)profiles*, a USE="-foo" should undo
19 USE=foo, rather than adding "-foo" to the list of tokens that get pushed
20 down via USE_ORDER.
23 [0] https://projects.gentoo.org/pms/7/pms.html#x1-560005.3.1