From: Juergen Ilse <juergen@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] build rc6 r14
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:46:42
1 Hello,
2
3 On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 07:16:22PM +1300, Kevin Gordon wrote:
4 > I like 'emerge system'. I am not keen on downloading 620+MB cd via a 56KB
5 > ISP. Have you thought about 'emerge desktop-kde' 'emerge desktop-gnome'
6 > 'emerge server' 'emerge developer' etc with options
7 > like --FetchFirst --NoConfig etc.
8
9 It is there, even, if you don't see it ... ;-)
10 "emerge system" should not download 620 MB (i think, it was not the case
11 while i installed it). For the rest, you may want to put together a list
12 of "wanted packages" and do a "emerge --fetchonly <list of packages>".
13 That will get the packages and put the sources in the "distfiles" directory.
14 Every "emerge <package-name>" should then get the sources from this direc-
15 tory (as far as the sources will be found there and the checksum ist ok).
16
17 > Hence the attached script file "kgget". It contains 300+ lines of
18 > "emerge --noreplace --fetchonly xxxxxxx.ebuild". Some of the lines do not
19 > work because I have not changed the version numbers and / or checked the
20 > locations in the /usr/portage tree. In the main it works very well.
21
22 You may try to use the name of the directory containig a package rather
23 than the .ebuild file. This works for me in most cases and will emerge
24 the newest package from that directory that is not masked out and which
25 is complete (including digest-file).
26
27 Btw.: I noticed, that the digest-file for cdrecord is missing since
28 several weeks. Someone should build a digest-file (as i did for my
29 private installation to work around this problem ;-) ).
30
31 > Here are some problem areas (some may be currently masked out packages?):
32 > - powertweak-0.1.17-r1 but this has an incoming ebuild.
33
34 powertweak is AFAIK masked out
35
36 > - cdrecord-1.9-r3 message no digest but it has got one.
37
38 The digest seems to be missing. If you really want to build it, you may
39 create a digest-file for yourself (but you have to know, that this will
40 disable the chance to see unwanted modifications to the source ...).
41
42 > - gtk-xemacs-21.1.12-p3 message fetch failed.
43
44 I don't really remember, but maybe this file would be downloaded from
45 the "original location" and that failed for you ... In such cases, i
46 will try to find a mirror which holds this file, get it from there and
47 put the file in /usr/portage/distributions. "emerge <package>" should
48 then try to use the sourcefile from there instead of downloading it ...
49
50 > - sgml2x-0.11-r1 message not found.
51
52 maybe masked out (i didn't try to build it for a longer time)
53
54 > - unixODBC-2.0.8 message not found
55
56 I don't remeber, if i created a digest for myself, but i'm shure, that
57 i compiled this one some time ago ...
58
59 > - xt-1 aborted virtual/jdk not found
60
61 There will be a change in handling of jdk. Maybe the build will work,
62 if you first try to install a jdk-version ...
63
64 > - gtk-engines-0.12-r1 no digest problem with Xenophilia-1.2.x.
65
66 don't know
67
68 > - sawfish-themes-0.0.1 not found
69
70 don't know
71
72 > - bitchx-gtk --> ircii-pana-1.Oct18 no digest.
73
74 didn't try it, so i don't know
75
76 > - amaya-4.1-r1 portage/amaya not found
77
78 don't know
79
80 > - gtoaster --> problem with virtual/jdk-1.3.
81
82 You may try to emerge a jdk first.
83
84 > - 3 or so packages not found tcl-tk-8.4.2.
85
86 IIRC is tcl-tk-8.4.2 maked out because of compatibility-problems with
87 some other packages (i don't really remember about it, but i think, i read
88 something on this list).
89
90 Hope, that helps you to install some of these packages.
91
92 ciao,
93 Juergen Ilse (ilse@××××××.de)
94 --
95 Wenn ich auch nur aus jedem 1000. Bug in einem M$ Produkt|Juergen Ilse
96 einen Tag trauern wollte, also da muesste ich 300 Jahre |Internet POP Hannover
97 alt werden und wuerde mehrere Dutzend schwarze Anzuege |Vahrenwalder Str. 205
98 aufbrauchen. (Detlef Bosau in dcoulm) |30165 Hannover