From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 'mad' vs 'mp3' USE flags
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:02:21
1 On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 14:20 -0400, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 17:09 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
3 > > On Friday 14 July 2006 16:43, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4 > > > While it is a "working" solution, it isn't necessarily a sensible one.
5 > > You can take over xine-lib and fix it however you prefer.
6
7 I'd like to apologize for my last email. I sent it a bit too hastily
8 and really didn't think. It definitely read as inflammatory against
9 Diego, which was not my intention, as he does wonderful work. However,
10 it still has some points about the general attitudes that are prevalent
11 within Gentoo of not doing what is best for our users simply because
12 someone else doesn't do what we want. We really need to stop and think
13 about the users before we make changes like this. All of us.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
18 x86 Architecture Team
19 Games - Developer