From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Gentoo Qt Project wants your help!
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 14:35:52
1 On Sat, 02 Mar 2013 15:29:38 +0200
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The embedded FFmpeg in avidemux is only patched to convert UNIX line
5 > endings to DOS line endings to match rest of the avidemux source tree
6
7 Nope, it does various patches:
8
9 $ ls -1 avidemux_core/ffmpeg_package/patches
10 common.mak.diff
11 config.mak.diff
12 config.mak.mac.diff
13 createPatches.sh
14 libavcodec_avcodec.h.patch
15 libavcodec_ff_spsinfo.h.patch
16 libavcodec_golomb.h.patch
17 libavcodec_h263dec.c.patch
18 libavcodec_h264_parser.c.patch
19 libavcodec_libavcodec.v.patch
20 libavcodec_mathops.h.patch
21 libavcodec_mpeg12enc.c.patch
22 libavcodec_mpegvideo_enc.c.patch
23 libavcodec_put_bits.h.patch
24 libavcodec_vdpau.h.patch
25 libavcodec_x86_fmtconvert_init.c.patch
26 libavformat_isom.c.patch
27 libavformat_matroskaenc.c.patch
28 libavformat_mpegtsenc.c.patch
29 libavutil_avutil.h.patch
30 libavutil_common.h.patch
31 libavutil_lfg.c.patch
32 libavutil_lfg.h.patch
33
34 I first thought it was a binary, but now that I see it is actually
35 compiled from source in the avidemux build process, we have control
36 over it. Therefore, I'll step up to be the primary maintainer.
37
38 Do you want me to keep the Qt herd in the metadata.xml as secondary?
39
40 > Even if that wasn't the case, separate package doesn't make sense,
41 > USE="+system-libs" might
42
43 Agreed, an USE flag makes much more sense! I didn't consider this
44 because I thought it was a binary. Sadly the system library doesn't
45 work well with avidemux because it doesn't have any of these useful
46 patches; but indeed, together with mantainers of this package on other
47 distributions we should be able to push some patches upstream...
48
49 Therefore, I think we should keep USE="system-libs" until avidemux is
50 properly tested to make USE="+system-libs" appropriate.
53 With kind regards,
54
55 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
56 Gentoo Developer
57
58 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
59 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
60 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D