From: "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:17:51
1 On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:00:10 -0400
2 Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o> wrote:
5 (why that should be required
6 > during install should probably be investigated. What doesn't the Gentoo
7 > system provide that users need at that point?)
8
9 Here's one..I'm on on this job site in near the middle of nowhere, preaching
10 about the virtues of emerge to this other guy..anyhow to make a long story
11 short, I popped open lynx on vc/6 to check the install docs while I'm doing
12 the install on vc/1...also it's not that bad to cruise the web during an
13 install if there's nothing else decent enough nearby to occupy your time...
14 small enough for an install cd is good, links -g on a live-cd would be nice
15 though...
19 Chuck Brewer
20 Registered Linux User #284015
21 Get my gpg public key at pgp.mit.edu!! Encrypted e-mail preferred.