From: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
To: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 04:59:39
1 Jon Portnoy wrote:
2
3 > I've heard a lot of people mention that they'd prefer lynx.
4
5 In the context of an installation CD, Lynx is the way to go. Compiled
6 without anything extra, it makes a great l'il browser for parsing HTML
7 documentation or downloading a file or two (why that should be required
8 during install should probably be investigated. What doesn't the Gentoo
9 system provide that users need at that point?)
10
11 On a LiveCD, however, I definately have throw my "prefer" towards Links.
12 (Frames and tables, anyone? ;) )
15 Stewart Honsberger
16 http://blackdeath.snerk.org/
17 "Capitalists, by nature, organize to protect themselves.
18 -- Geeks, by nature, resist organizaion."
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list