From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects and simple guides
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:17:02
1 On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:17:06 -0600
2 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
5 > > Lance Albertson wrote:
6 > > | What if instead of having proj/en we did herd/en on www? Of
7 > > course, that | doesn't help the whole "GuideXML is hard" bit. I
8 > > like the idea of using | RST, but it doesn't seem very scalable at
9 > > this time. Maybe, instead of | that, we created some kind of
10 > > development site for herds (maybe | herds.g.o). Could be a place
11 > > where herds put up status updates, specific | docs, draft docs,
12 > > etc. Once things get established on that site, docs | could get
13 > > moved to GDP if it were logical to do.
14 > >
15 > > Really every herd should be either part of a project or in the
16 > > process of creating a new one for themselves by now. There's no
17 > > excuse, since the block on creating new projects disappeared.
18 >
19 > I understand the block was lifted for projects, but that doesn't mean
20 > herds should all should fit underneath proj/. I think we should open
21 > up a similar space just for herds.
22
23 How about proj/en/misc/<herd> ? I'd rather not add another top-level
24 tier to the website, also makes things IMO more consistent (user doesn't
25 have to care if herd is part of a project or not).
26
27 Marius
32 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
33 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.