From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gcc-6.x status inquiry
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 18:00:53
1 On 03/05/17 01:58 PM, Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > On 5/3/17 6:43 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
3 >> Hey all,
4 >>
5 >> I am asking about this because I have been asked to look into
6 >> packaging software that has a specific requirement for >=gcc-6 in order
7 >> to build [1].
8 >
9 > As I said few times, we should dump gcc-5 sooner than later and any
10 > software that does not build with gcc-6 should be p.masked and dropped
11 > from the tree if there isn't a nice fix for it.
12
13 Just a heads-up, that p.mask list would happen to include firefox and
14 thunderbird right now.