From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Cutting down on non-cascaded profiles
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 21:16:04
1 On Tue, 3 May 2005 14:49:54 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tuesday 03 May 2005 12:10 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
5 > > I think an easier solution would be a portage rescue set of
6 > > profiles.
7 >
8 > afaik the only thing it'd need is a 'make.defaults' and a custom
9 > 'packages' (where we'd force a newer version of portage of course)
10 >
11 > i dont think we even need a set, we could just do it with one ...
12 > after all, we can stick bash code into make.defaults and have it do
13 > something ugly like run `uname` or parse make.defaults to figure out
14 > the correct ARCH
15 > -mike
16
17 Please no bash code in make.defaults other than variable assignments,
18 portage doesn't source it but uses a simle python parser.
19 Oh, and profile.bashrc isn't available either in those old portage
20 versions.
21
22 Marius
27 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
28 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.