From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Cutting down on non-cascaded profiles
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 18:48:04
1 On Tuesday 03 May 2005 12:10 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > I think an easier solution would be a portage rescue set of profiles.
3
4 afaik the only thing it'd need is a 'make.defaults' and a custom
5 'packages' (where we'd force a newer version of portage of course)
6
7 i dont think we even need a set, we could just do it with one ... after all,
8 we can stick bash code into make.defaults and have it do something ugly like
9 run `uname` or parse make.defaults to figure out the correct ARCH
10 -mike
11 --
12 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list