From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Cutting down on non-cascaded profiles
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 21:05:57
1 On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 14:49 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 03 May 2005 12:10 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > I think an easier solution would be a portage rescue set of profiles.
4 >
5 > afaik the only thing it'd need is a 'make.defaults' and a custom
6 > 'packages' (where we'd force a newer version of portage of course)
7 >
8 > i dont think we even need a set, we could just do it with one ... after all,
9 > we can stick bash code into make.defaults and have it do something ugly like
10 > run `uname` or parse make.defaults to figure out the correct ARCH
11
12 If you're feeling up to the bash-fu, I was trying to propose something
13 simple, but this would probably be the best solution.
14
15 So does anyone have any objections yet? ;]
18 Chris Gianelloni
20 Games - Developer
21 Gentoo Linux