From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] desktop
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:39:50
1 On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 16:10, Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > Naively stepping into this fray, how does this menu system differ from
3 > genmenu (x11-misc/genmenu) which has in my use generated some rather nice
4 > menus for my not-big-boy wm's (*box, wmaker, etc)?
5
6 Well that is blackboxed the route i would like to go with the 'gentoo
7 menu' idea. Although i think it's implementation lacks. I think it
8 should generate a menu from desktop items only, which are located in a
9 few different places over the years of upstream development by now
10 converging towards the freedesktop spec.
11
12 I wasn't aware this script existed btw.
13
14 - foser
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list