From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Declare the type of source
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:46:46
1 On Mon, 2021-06-28 at 15:00 +0200, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
2 >
3 > Instead, imagine that each ebuild declares a variable called SOURCETYPE ( or
4 > similar, or in metadata.xml if you prefer ) and with a tool like equery/eix we
5 > are able to get the list of all packages that compiles C code.
8 I think all you are really asking for is that we stop omitting a random
9 subset of @system from *DEPEND.
10
11 This is long overdue, for many reasons, but in particular it would
12 force us to declare a dependency on a C compiler if one is needed and
13 allow you to re-test only those packages that use a C compiler.