From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 18:36:26
1 On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 12:08:19AM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > > Well, I don't think kde could break anything but kde apps. And I'm willing to
3 > > support the beta ebuilds.
4 >
5 > I wasn't talking about just KDE, but if we put KDE in I can't see why we
6 > couldn't put all alpha-releases. And others might break things. So can
7 > KDE3 if it installs over other files (like pilot-link installing over
8 > glibc and stuff).
9
10 If it helps (it may not), Portage supports the _beta suffix, so you can have;
11
12 kde-base-3.0_beta1.ebuild
13
14 Best Regards,