From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add bc back to the stage3
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 21:52:22
1 On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 13:22:45 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 12:47:14 +0200
5 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
6 > > Because I'd expect a stage3 to be posix compliant
7 >
8 > I agree. It's time to replace nano with Vim.
9
10 Vim is not fully POSIX compliant; you may find it claim "mostly" in its
11 documentation, but that's where it stays at and thus doesn't suffice...
12
13 While we're at it, we must make everyone use a POSIX IDE with a ribbon!
14
15 Jokes aside, this sub discussion is pointless; if we want results, a
16 moderated mailing list as suggested in a reply won't cut it!
17
18 What is really needed here is a vote by the Council on whether to add bc
19 back to the stage3. If the people do insist, another vote regarding
20 adding or changing an editor to stage3 could be done as well.