From: Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Olivier Crête" <tester@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Glep 23 and glep 5
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:54:06
1 Am Thursday 18 March 2004 20:46 schrieb Olivier Crête:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just re-read glep 5 and I noticed a problem with it. It proposes
5 > moving the licensing information to metadata.xml. First, the license can
6 > change from one version to another.
7
8 This is discussed in the GLEP:
9
10 "and there are no problems when a programm changes it license (restrict
11 attribute)."
12
13 > And second, it's incompatible with
14 > glep 23 (the accept_licenses glep) which proposes to make use flags
15 > affect licenses (which seems pretty reasonable). So the license part
16 > should probably be dropped from glep 5.
17
18 I don't see why it's incompatible, if you parse the License tag from the
19 ebuild or from metadata.xml doesn't matter.
20
21 mfg, heinrich :)
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list