From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming changes to hosting of Git repos on git.gentoo.org (NOT overlays.git.gentoo.org)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 20:57:35
1 On 01/21/11 21:35, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > gentoo-portage.git [2]
3 > gentoo-portage-historical.git [2]
4 >
5 > [..]
6 >
7 > [2] This is an idea where I'd like to place the main tree, and the
8 > additional graftable tree with the full history. I'm not entirely
9 > happy with this location, and WELCOME suggestions to improve it.
10
11 I would prefer something like "gentoo-main" or "main-tree" over
12 "gentoo-portage" as could would help reducing the problem of mixing up
13 our main tree and one of our package managers. If it actually is the
14 main tree, why not put that in the name. Thanks for consideration.
15
16 Best,
20 Sebastian