From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming changes to hosting of Git repos on git.gentoo.org (NOT overlays.git.gentoo.org)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:47:10
1 On 21:56 Fri 21 Jan , Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > On 01/21/11 21:35, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 > > gentoo-portage.git [2]
4 > > gentoo-portage-historical.git [2]
5 > >
6 > > [..]
7 > >
8 > > [2] This is an idea where I'd like to place the main tree, and the
9 > > additional graftable tree with the full history. I'm not entirely
10 > > happy with this location, and WELCOME suggestions to improve it.
11 >
12 > I would prefer something like "gentoo-main" or "main-tree" over
13 > "gentoo-portage" as could would help reducing the problem of mixing up
14 > our main tree and one of our package managers. If it actually is the
15 > main tree, why not put that in the name. Thanks for consideration.
16
17 Sweet, we actually got an invitation to bikeshed! Here's my contributions:
18
19 gentoo-tree.git
20 gentoo-portage-tree.git
21 portage-tree.git
22 (the name 'portage' derives from bsd ports, so it makes sense to keep
23 that connection to make it recognizable to that audience)
26 Thanks,
27 Donnie
28
29 Donnie Berkholz