From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:33:16
1 28.2.2006, 19:39:15, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 >> <snip> ewarn "This ebuild overrides the default SLOT behaviour for
4 >> webapps" ewarn "If this package installs files into the htdocs dir, this
5 >> is" ewarn "probably a bug in the ebuild." </snip>
6 >>
7 >> Sigh... what kind of QA issue is that?
8
9 > which part dont you understand ? the user sets a variable and then is told
10 > that the package probably contains a bug ... seems pretty confusing to me
11 > -mike
12
13 rl03 already replied to that. I don't see any QA issues there, and if
14 someone from QA team does, then he probably has too much time to ponder over
15 the tree and invent issues where they don't exist. I don't see any point
16 "fixing" this, at least until FEATURES="mindreader" is implemented. Portage
17 QA notices may be equally confusing to the users, with this kind of logic,
18 yet they stay there - and number of people complaining about USE_EXPAND
19 notices is much higher than the number of people who complained about
20 confusing ewarn from webapps slot (exactly zero is far as I could find).
21
22 Once again, don't invent problems, please.
26 jakub