From: "Jeffrey D. Kowing" <jeffrey.d.kowing1@××××××××.gov>
To: mike <vapier@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 1.4beta compliment, complaint, question, suggestion
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:47:59
1 mike writes:
2 > > Complaint:
3 > >
4 > > The cleanly emerged cups-1.1.15 did not work. This is with a
5 > > _postscript_ printer, an HP 5MP. Any print job is canceled immediately
6 > > by the print subsystem. I was disgusted because this is the third time
7 > > I have tried to run Gentoo cups-1.1.15. I thought that surely it would
8 > > be ok on a fresh install. It's not ok. :-p
11 Don't know if this is related, but I had the same problem (kept
12 canceling the job) with cups-1.1.15-r2 and our postscript laser
13 printers (HP LaserJet 4000TN and 8000N) until I downloaded the printer
14 description files *.ppd from cvs at the HP sourceforge website
15 http://hp.sourceforge.net/ and, behold, things started to work!
19 Jeff Kowing
20 jeffrey.d.kowing1@××××××××.gov