From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ppc/ppc64 keywords ?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:50:23
1 We DEFINATELY need ppc64!!!!
2 ppc64 is a 64bit kernel and 64bit userland
3 What ppc does is a 32bit kernel and a 32bit userland
4 What sparc64 does is a 64bit kernel and a 32bit userland
5 What sparc does is a 32bit kernel and a 32bit userland
6 See the main difference here, it's all in the userlands man!
7
8 If anyone removes ppc64 keywords, I will personally lynch you.
9
10 -Brad
11
12 > maybe i'm lost with this but is there any reason we need ppc64 ?
13 > couldnt something be done with ppc/ppc64 like the sparc/sparc64 merge ?
14 > -mike
17 > --
18 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list