From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Devconference archives
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:31:44
1 On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 11:16:10AM +0200, Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > That's very nice from IU for sure and especially if there are not many
3 > (read: one) options to choose from the outcome is pretty obvious.
4 > However, i'm not sure what our Social Contract says about it. It seems
5 > to deal with the operating system itself, but there seem to be no
6 > implications about anything else. So in theory we could host the whole
7 > www.gentoo.org stuff on IIS servers?
8
9 Sure. The contract tells our users that we will never depend on non-free
10 stuff, so the continuance of the distribution is guaranteed.
11
12 But Gentoo can surely use propriatary products. Whether or not we want to is
13 a different question.
14
15 Wkr,
16 Sven Vermeulen
19 Documentation project leader - Gentoo Foundation Trustee
20
21 The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>