From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per-package USE defaults
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:38:27
1 On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:49:40 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tuesday 08 August 2006 15:18, Zac Medico wrote:
5 > > Stuart Herbert wrote:
6 > > > Any chance of per-package USE defaults support? That's much more
7 > > > useful to me.
8 > >
9 > > Attached to bug 61732 there's a patch that implements this via a new
10 > > IUSE_DEFAULTS ebuild variable. If people like that particular
11 > > implementation, then I'll update the patch so that it applies to
12 > > portage-2.1.1_pre. Some might suggest that an EAPI bump is proper
13 > > for the addition of this type of functionality, but perhaps we can
14 > > slide it in without that extra annoyance.
15 >
16 > i'm really really partial to overloading IUSE here rather than
17 > introducing a new variable ...
18
19 You mean by doing something like:
20
21 IUSE="alpha +beta gamma"
22
23 meaning beta is default-on?
24
25 Could do the same thing in per-package use.mask (although "mask"
26 becomes a misnomer at that point).
30 Kevin F. Quinn