From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-libs/libuv: libuv-1.2.1.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:02:19
1 On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:21:15 -0500
3 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 4:40 AM, Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
6 >> wrote:
7 >> >
8 >> > The only (QA) problem I see is the pointless removal of the ebuild
9 >> > in question and the subsequent addition of a pointless revision
10 >> > bump with no clue as to why it was removed or why the revision bump
11 >> > was required:
12 >> >
13 >>
14 >> You'd probably do well to read:
15 >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_hands
16 >>
17 >> The TL;DR of that is "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw
18 >> stones."
19 >>
20 >> I get that you're probably not being serious, but if for some reason
21 >> you are I'd suggest letting somebody else in QA handle it.
22 >>
23 >> And, really, next time just talk to somebody before you go bumping
24 >> their ebuilds. If they're not cooperative then you'll garner a lot
25 >> more sympathy. This is staff quiz kind of stuff.
26 >
27 > I have no idea why you're telling me all that. I don't normally quote
28 > excessive context but in this case I really don't see how my text and
29 > your text connect.
30
31 You're complaining about how somebody made a fix that they wouldn't
32 have had to make but for the commit you made without consulting with
33 them.
34
35 It is a bit like crashing into your neighbor's parked car and then
36 complaining that they didn't do a good job cleaning up the glass on
37 the sidewalk the next day.
38
39 Courts call that having unclean hands - if you cut your foot on that
40 glass you'd have a hard time suing them for it, even in the US where
41 you can sue just about anybody for anything.
44 Rich